UNSURE ABOUT APPLYING FOR DISABILITY BENEFITS? THE LAW OFFICES OF KAREN KRAUS BILL CAN HELP YOU.
If you’re thinking of applying for Social Security Disability benefits, you may not be sure where to start. HERE ARE A FEW THINGS TO CONSIDER BEFORE APPLYING:
- YOU MUST BE UNABLE TO WORK FULL-TIME.
- YOU MUST BE UNABLE TO WORK FOR AT LEAST ONE FULL YEAR.
- YOU SHOULD BE GETTING MEDICAL TREATMENT TO PROVE YOU HAVE A SEVERE CONDITION.
If you decide to apply, proving you’re “disabled” under the official rules isn’t easy. To be eligible for Social Security Disability benefits, you must meet the Social Security Administration’s definition of disabled. THE ADMINISTRATION WILL DEEM YOU DISABLED ONLY IF:
- YOU’RE UNABLE TO DO THE WORK YOU’VE DONE BEFORE; AND
- YOU’RE UNABLE TO ADJUST TO OTHER WORK BECAUSE OF YOUR PHYSICAL AND/OR MENTAL CONDITION.
Understanding social security disability requirements can be a difficult process. It is always smart to have professional social security disability representation. Contact us today to learn more!